Thursday, January 3, 2008

Somewhere in Time

*
*

  Hi, this is Tara, the model in the picture, and it was awesome working on this shoot with Carl.  I was excited to know that he wanted to do part of our shoot with 4 X 5 Poloroids.  Carl brought in his 4 X 5 film camera for the shoot.  First, he had to focus the shot which meant that I had to hold completely still for 2 seconds in order to avoid blurring of the photo.  This was a little difficult to do and avoid looking stiff, but somehow it all came together.  He also used an old hot light with diffusion and black wrap.  The end result was numerous photos that each had its own unique and timeless quality.
It was great working with Carl because he let me work my own poses but also offered guidance when he had an idea--usually an extension of something I had thought of but sometimes wasn't quite there.  I liked the fact that I could have this freedom of creativity and expression in the poses but also had his advice from his perspective of being behind the camera.  Because we could work together in this way, I feel it greatly contributed to us achieving excellent shots.

Tara

This was shot on 1/2/08 for my 'One A Day' project. I'm shooting 1 test image a day for the month of January.
Carl Evans

www.carlevans.com

1 comment:

stacy b. said...

damn these are hawt! Sexy yet also withholding (which makes it even sexier). Couldn't have titled it better.... they are timeless.